See below:

As I understand it, it's enough to disable the generic invoker servlet.
(That mean that you have to define all your servlets explicitly if
that's not already the case)

> Would I need to do this for each .jsp in  that webapp?

No, you don't need the invoker servlet to run jsp's.
(The jsp servlet is defined explicitly per default)

> Beyond that, am I also likely to need to add an entry
> WEB-INF/web.xml for each .jar in its WEB-INF/lib?  What
> would these entries be if any?

When tomcat starts it includes automatically all jar files
in the lib directories into the classpath.