>> "Chris" == Chris Ruegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    Chris> It looks like Tomcat does not inherently support JDBC Data
    Chris> Source and/or connection pools - with Weblogic I can set
    Chris> one up in the config.xml file.

    Chris> Am I correct in this assumption? Do people write their own
    Chris> connection pool manager for JDBC connections when using
    Chris> Tomcat?

I'm not sure, I didn't find one in tomcat 4.0, so I wrote my own
(which is easy). I put it in common/lib, configure it in server.xml
(via some extention in server/lib).

Writing your own gives some advantages; such as for our app we allow
only 3 connections from the pool per user (session). If you write your
own you can add such custom requirements easily. The PooledConnection
(std. JDBC class) is intended to implement your own pools.

--
Peter Mutsaers, Dübendorf, Switzerland.