Hi:

        I'm new to Tomcat and am trying to configure 4.0.4.  I modified
server.xml appBase and docBase:

      <Host name="localhost" debug="0"
      appBase="/scratch/project/telescience/webapps" unpackWARs="true">

      [...]

        <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
        <Context path="" docBase="/scratch/project/telescience" debug="0"/>

      </Host>

      I have a index.html in the /scratch/project/telescience/ directory.  When
I tried to access that page via the URL using Netscape, I keep getting:

      "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data.
      (Network Error. I/O error)

      Try connecting again."

      What am I doing wrong?  I looked all over for an answer but having found
it so I decided to post to the list.

      All help is really appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mona

Mona Wong-Barnum
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://ncmir.ucsd.edu/

"The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off"
                                A Landmark instructor