From: Randall R Schulz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 10:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: startup/shutdown Tomcat on Linux

Neal,

Just use the ".sh" counterparts to the ".bat" files you used on Windows.

If you want Tomcat to start when the system comes up (or, to use some
jargon, enters the proper "run level") you should find someone at your site
who's familiar with Linux configuration. This can be handled manually, by
editing startup and shutdown files in /etc/rc.d or, on many modern Linux
systems, by using a GUI front-end to those configuration files. However,
there are several variants on the underlying scheme and the tools that
expose it, so it's not feasible to instruct you on the details from what
you've told us (i.e., simply that you're using Linux).

Good luck.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA