Hi,

I can get Excel directly started from a servlet using two things:
1. response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
2. the servlet path ends with result.xls (like /servlet/abc/result.xls?p=1)

I can use response.setContentType(...) from JSP too, but I was not able to use
a JSP path to end with "xls", thus when I start (click on a link) the JSP
file, first I'm asked whether I want to open the file directly or just to
download.
How could I get Excel started without any furher questions like it is possible
from a servlet?

Zsolt