From: Alexander Stage [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 September 2002 12:12
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: line feeds in response

Hi all,

got the following problem:

I'm generating xml with jsps. Before I write out any response, I'm using
out.clearBuffer() to
clear anything from the output buffer in order not to write out new lines
etc.
However, this doesn't seem to work. I always get 3 line feeds before the xml
starts, which
causes most parsers to fail parsing that xml.
I was wondering wether this is caused by the dispatcher mechanism I'm using:

RequestDispatcher dispatcher = request.getRequestDispatcher(jspUrl);
dispatcher.forward(request,response);

since the resulting servlet code for the jsp begins output without any line
feeds, so this problem can't
have it's origin the jsp.

I'm running jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-LE-jdk14 on nt 4.0.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Alex

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: