On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> What if you add an additional parameter to your configure command?
>
> ./configure --with-apxs=/www/apache2/bin/apxs --with-java-home=${JAVA_HOME}
>
> It was suggested to me that the JAVA_HOME part was needed...I would be
> interested to know if it works without that part.

I suspect that won't help this situation -- it looks like this is an
issue with building shared libs on AIX, which I have some experience
with, but unfortunately not enough to help the Johannes.

[ ... ]

> > I search the net and almost every newsgroup where mod_jk or tomcat
> > were discussed, and it seams that building mod_jk as DSO on AIX is
> > quite a challenge :) I did this for Apache 1.3.22 on AIX and found
> > the hint to add "-bexpall" to LDFLAGS_SHLIB in the apxs
> > script. That worked - but there's nothing similar for Apache
> > 2.0.40. Sad but true.
[ ... ]

Why do you say there's nothing similar for Apache 2?  "-bexpall" is a
loader/linker option, that is often required on AIX when building
shared libs.  You can't ind any place where you can insert it?

In any case, I suspect you'll have the most luck getting help by
looking in the newsgroup comp.unix.aix -- you can search its archive
at groups.google.com, and if you don't find anything helpful, you can
post something there.  This is really a general AIX shared lib issue
(and maybe apache related as well), not anything particular to mod_jk.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]