If DBCP is a problem, then do you have a working example of how i can use it
with PoolMan?

Amitabh

-----Original Message-----
From: Barney Hamish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 9:50 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat Connection pooling

Be careful if you decide to use DBCP with SQL Server. I found SQL Server
drops open connections every 10 minutes or so, even while you're in the
middle of retrieving query results!!! (so the verify connection thing
doesn't work) DBCP needs some way of automatically dropping and recreating
connections (like poolman does) if it's to be used with SQL Server. I
haven't got around to submitting a patch to the DBCP Commons team to fix
this.

Hamish