I am currently using it on Solaris 9 and it wasn't easy to get things
working, but I have managed to get all 3 to work and I have decided to go
with mod_jk for now since it seems to handle the SSL info the best.  I
couldn't get the other 2 to pass the cert chain from apache2 to tomcat.

Here are a few hints on getting it compiled:

You have to make sure you have the following packages installed:
libtool
autoconf
automake
m4

Then you have to make sure you use gcc to compile and set these env
variables:
CC=gcc
CFLAGS="-DBSD_COMP"

I just went into the jk/native directory and ran the buildconf.sh script
then use run configure like this:

./configure --with-apxs=[path to your apxs binary]

then make and you should have the mod_jk.so file in the apache-2.0
directory when you are finished.

Calvin

--On Wednesday, September 25, 2002 12:57:08 PM -0400 "Hauck, Joe"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is anyone using Apache2 with Tomcat 4 on Solaris 8?  If so, what
> connector are you using (mod_jk, mod_jk2, mod_webapp)?
>
> I have tried to build both mod_jk and mod_jk2 from source with no luck.

calvin hendryx-parker              www.epylon.com
enterprise infomediary, engineering

415.593.2738 o | 415.593.2738 f

Epylon Corporation