hi ,

I am trying to use the JDBC authentication using Informix database on
Debain Tomcat 4.1.
The snippet of the server.xml :

  <!--
              debug="0" resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
      -->
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
               driverName="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"

connectionURL="jdbc:informix-sqli;user=kjmi;password=tomcat"
               userTable="atroxlogin" userNameCol="username"
userCredCol="password"
               userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

execution
---------
1. tomcat process started

2. tried to access the page login.jsp.
    It throws an expection "connection refused".

3. When tomcat process is stopped.

schroeder:/etc/init.d# tomcat4 stop Using CATALINA_BASE:
/usr/share/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat4/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/lib/j2sdk1.3
Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:320)
         at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:133)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:120)
         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:579)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

I went the documentation of Tomcat explaining the JDBCRealm - how to.
But , if you can explain me the steps to go through I would greatly
appreciate.

Thanks,
Mubaraka Arif
DataManagement Software Developer