Hi,
For our apps, which are big, long-running, server-side apps, running
with
-server consistently reduced stability.  We were getting internal JVM
crashes every now and then.  Dropping the -server argument made those go
away.  All other JVM args (we have a lot) stayed the same, and we
experimented with dropping and modifying them.  This is for JDK 1.3.1
and 1.4.0.  Haven't tried this with 1.4.1, yet.

I would vote against making -server the default mode.  Let people choose
their own JAVA_OPTS, just as we've been doing.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.