The above should work.

>   Can a person use quotes?

As long as they are valid in the resulting Java command.

> Did you learn about wrapper.jvm.options from the
> RELEASE-NOTES-3.3.1.txt and what you could pass in
> from the source code or is wrapper.jvm.options
> documented in detail somewhere?  google did not reveal
> anything more.  (As they say, I appreciate the fish.
> However, I want to learn how to fish too.)

The main purpose of wrapper.properties is to tell jk_nt_service
how to construct the Java command to execute to start tomcat.
This command supports the same capabilities as starting
Tomcat from the batch scripts.  The batch scripts just
build the command through different means.  Any option
that works for the batch scripts can be incorporated into
wrapper.properties in some fashion.  For example, starting
the "Tomcat" service with a security manager is possible, but
not specifially addressed in the default wrapper.properties

Cheers,
Larry