Here's an explantion from the howto on J Turners website.  Read the rest
at http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache1-tomcat404-howto.html

3) Edit server.xml in CATALINA_HOME/conf.
- look for a line that says "Server" and has a port of 8005. Add the
following directly below:
<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
- in the Host container add the following Listener directive (yes, it
looks very similar to the one above):
<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
append="true" forwardAll="false" />
- change the name parameter in the Host directive to your apache
ServerName (the default is localhost)
4) Edit httpd.conf in APACHE_HOME/conf.
- make sure your ServerName matches the name="" parameter in your tomcat
Host element in server.xml
- add the following line at the very end:
Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
Note: the mod_jk.conf file gets created by tomcat when tomcat starts. It gets
created every time tomcat starts. So, if you have your server.xml
configured, you can ignore httpd.conf (in most cases) except to add the
Include directive for mod_jk.conf. You don't need to create or edit
mod_jk.conf. Click here for a sample mod_jk.conf file generated automatically by
tomcat on each
startup.

Matt Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/21/2002 07:24 PM