DBCP logging and removal of abandoned connections works for me.
Check all your logs, the stack traces should be there.
If you don't find any stack traces post your DBCP xml config after
obfuscating any sensitive data like passwords of course.

Glenn

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

Ive implemented my connection pool on Tomcat 4.1.12, in my apllication
context,  using theorg.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory.  Pleased
to say its working fine.

I have a question though about some of the options I saw in the dbcp
example, including such parameters as removeAbandoned,
removeAbandonedTimeout and in particular "logAbandoned" (by the way, i put
these options as they are in my server.xml file, within the declaration of
my contexts datasource (<ResourceParams name="jdbc/mylittledb">....</...>)

The log abandoned is supposed to produce a stacktrace of where a connection
was taken, and not returned to the pool.  Has anyone seen this hapen ?

I removed a close connection method from a jsp, and hit it with several
threads, sure enough in System.out I got :

DBCP could not obtain an idle db connection, pool exhausted

... but i was expecting it (from the docs) to tell me which naughty bit of
code was the culprit for eating all the pies.

Hope that make sense and at least one person understands my wittering..

Cheers,

Med