Jacob Kjome wrote:

Yep, known issue. Try using the previous version of Xerces-2.x.x. The newest one doesn't seem to play well with Digester.

I've read in the mail archives that this bug can be solved using a different
version of Xerces. I've replaced
"jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar" with:

xercesImpl.jar (included with Tomcat 4.1.14)
xercesImpl.jar (Xerces 2.0.0)
xercesImpl.jar (Xerces 2.2.0)
xerces.jar (included with Tomcat 4.0.6 = Xerces 1.4.4)

but I always get the same error. I'm sure this is the only xerces library
installed in my system (it's not included in JDK1.3.1).
So, which one to use? 2.1.x? And is that a Xerces issue or Tomcat issue? Which one should be upgraded?

Nix.