On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Jason Rizer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:01:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jason Rizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Tomcat support for Java Connector Architecture?
>
> Hello,
>
> I've written a resource adapter for an EIS compliant
> with the J2EE Connector Architecture.  I've done some
> preliminatry testing using Sun's J2ee Server Reference
> Implementation.  I would like to move my test
> application to a straight stand alone Tomcat
> installation.  I've read all the Tomcat docs I could
> find, but I see no mention of support for the
> Connector Architecture.  Two questions then:
>
> 1)  Does Tomcat support the Connector Architecture?

No.  Tomcat standalone is not a J2EE server, and only supports
servlet/jsp.

> 2)  If so, how do I go about deploying my resource
> adapter (.rar file).

You'll need to use a server that does support JCA.  Several J2EE servers
(including the J2EE RI and JBoss) actually use Tomcat inside as the web
tier, but you have to use the integrated server environment to use such
features.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Jason

Craig