Hi all,

I'm trying to get a servlet running in Tomcat4.1.12
standalone to contact an Application Server
(JBoss3.0.3 /WebLogic 7) - [integrated TomCat is not
an option].

I authenticate ok in TomCat against LDAP before I can
access the Servlet.

The Servlet's JNDI Remote Lookup works (I found out
about the -nonaming switch in the archives, thanks for
that), but then I get a security authentication
exception in the app. server because "principal=null".

Has anyone had success propogating security to an
application server, such as JBoss?

I'm under the impression (from JBoss forums mainly)
that this cannot be done. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Charlene