Hi

I've been running things under various versions of Tomcat for a long time
now, but it's always been Tomcats I've compiled and installed myself. Now I'm
trying to get things running with the version of Tomcat which is packaged in
the Debian package 'tomcat4  4.0.3-3woody1'. The tomcat install works, and I
can install my webapp OK, and tomcat serves static pages out of my webapp
just fine. But when I try to access a Servlet, I get

  Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
  type Exception report
  message Internal Server Error
  description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
  Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
  exception
  javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet items threw
  exception at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935
)

... usual stuf...

  root cause
  java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
  /tmp read) at
 java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java(
Compiled Code))

Now if I understand what's going on there, the servlet is falling over
because it can't read /tmp...

What I want to know is where this security policy is set?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

        Error 1109: There is no message for this error