On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Mark wrote:

> Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:25:54 -0500
> From: Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat Manager won't undeploy
>
> I'm using Tomcat 4.1.12 and can't get the manager 'undeploy' command to
> work.  Other mgr commands such as stop, start, remove, list, etc. work, but
> not undeploy.  The application is defined in server.xml with context
> path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" and lives under webapps/myapp.  Using this
> manager command:
>      http://localhost:8080/manager/undeploy?path=/myapp
>
> I get the following simple response:
>     FAIL - Cannot remove document base for path /myapp
>
> and the Tomcat log shows:
>      2002-12-02 10:09:37 Manager: undeploy: Undeploying web application at
> '/myapp'
>
> Anyone know what the problem is? I stopped the app first but that doesn't
> help.  I searched the archives to no avail. I'm looking at integrating TC
> manager functions into our Ant build for a complete clean build/redeploy,
> but have hit a wall here.

You can't use "undeploy" on an app that was listed in server.xml already.
It can only be used on an app where you did a "deploy".  Set up your Ant
build scripts to do the deploy command as well.

(Note -- if you're running Tomcat on your development machine, using
install/remove will run faster than deploy/undeploy.)

> Thanks in advance.
> Mark

Craig