The error message implies that the session-timeout element is missing in
the web.xml file.
<snip>
SEVERE: Parse Error at line 137 column -1: Element type "session-timeout"
is not
 declared.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "session-timeout" is not
declared.
</snip>

See $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml file. To be more specific look under the
"Default Session Configuration" section. If it isn't present, then you may
need to add the following lines just after the servlet mapping section.

  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
  </session-config>

RS

                      Shyama Gavulla

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      u>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: migration from jrun to
tomcat
                      12/02/02 11:13 AM

Hello Sir,
Operatin system is windows XP home edition
tomcat version is 4.1.12

This is the brief error output

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:411
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:879)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:368)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
97)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
9)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:510)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Dec 2, 2002 12:11:40 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
SEVERE: Parse Error at line 137 column -1: Element type "session-timeout"
is not
 declared.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "session-timeout" is not
declared.
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.error(Parser2.java:3160)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1322)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:500)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)

        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1495)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationConfig(ContextCo
nfig.java:282)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:63
9)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfi
g.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
493)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It would help to provide more details such as the Tomcat version,
operating
> system, brief error log output, etc. Also I believe you meant "WEB-INF"
> instead of "web-inf".
>
> RS
>

>                       Shyama Gavulla
>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To: