I'm running a small authentication system that works within Apache and stores user
information in Apache environment variables. I want to be able to pull out this data
from within a Servlet. Pretty much exactly the same as this (unanswered?) question
that was asked on the Tomcat development list two years ago:

http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2000/Sep/msg00331.html

I'm not sure how this question relates to the various connectors, or which would be
best for what we're attempting to do. Is it possible? If so, how?

If it's not possible, is it possible to access IPC or Apache Notes space from within
Tomcat? I understand that mod_webapp uses IPC, and that that might be of some use.

Many thanks for any help,
Aidan Fitzpatrick