1. Download and install JDK
2. Download Tomcat binary install package
3. Uncompress Tomcat binary install package
4. set environment variable named JAVA_HOME to location of JDK
5. set environment variable named CATALINA_HOME to location of Tomcat
installation
6. In CATALINA_HOME/bin, execute startup.sh or startup.bat depending on your
platform
7. Access Tomcat at http://localhost:8080

John