When using sendredirect() from a servlet, the URL of the redirected page doesn't show in the browser's (IE 6.02) history/back button list. For example, in our login servlet:

public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException
{
response.sendRedirect("Welcome.jsp");
}

redirects correctly to Welcome.jsp, but the URL doesn't show in the browser history. Can someone explain why and/or how to get it to show? We're using Tomcat 4.1.12 on NT btw.

Thanks in advance.