A few more notes about my experiences switching from Resin to Tomcat 4.1.18.

I am enjoying the enforcement of standards.  I know a lot more about what is
going on and really see the effects of configuration and code changes.

The performance of Tomcat for development is far superior to Resin.  By this
I mean the start and stop time of the Tomcat service is about 1/2 the time
of a Resin stop and restart.  The retention of session information across
restarts saves reauthentication in the HTML test process.

The integration of Tomcat with Eclipse is really nice.  If you use console
logging, you don't even really need the debugger since the generation of the
log corresponds directly to the page manipulation.

The jdbc integration is better than expected as is the integration with
Apache 2.0.  There were a few issues with differences between the
configuration example and the documentation on the web, but they were simple
to work through.

I don't quite understand the ADMIN and MANAGER and why they don't pick up my
datasources an web applications that were manually coded in server.xml and
web.xml but that is for another day.

Thanks to all the folks who did such a nice job on these tools.

Edgar