Henning wrote:

> I had and have the same problem - and didn't find a solution yet. A
> more or less good workaround I discussed with (or better was a
> suggestion by) Mike Bachrynowski (who is also member on the list)
> could be to completely mirror the apache docroot to the tomcat
> docroot. This in my eyes is 'a little' waste of disk space and an
> alternative I though about is, to set the tomcat docroot to the same
> local dir the apache's points to - but I haven't tested this, maybe
> causes bad bad problems.

Pretty much what I did: soft link the Apache docroot to webapps/ROOT.
Horrible, but it seems to work.

> As far as I understood the mayor cause for all this is, that jk2
> developers due to performance reasons don' t want to send back
> requests (for images, .js, .css ...) to the apache and - what you
> and Mike and I want to do becomes impossible. <-- LIST: is this
> right (I'm not really sure whether I should believe it)?

This is very suboptimal :-) I can understand not wanting to fire a lot
of requests back to Apache, but the designers seem not to have
envisaged the need for some sites just to serve a handful of .jsp
files. Tomcat seems to be written exclusively for serving vast
fully-fledged Web Apps (corporate style), and the occasional JSP user
is left out in the cold.

Fortunately our new Web site design won't use JSP at all, so I can
eventually take Tomcat back to where I want it, serving Cocoon :-)

> What I'm asking myself: is there anybody on the list who is really
> highly experienced in jk2 configuration?

I'm not sure configs will help: it's a conceptual matter by the look
of it.

///Peter