Well, the short answer is that I need instance variable values from a
servlet (in this case, data from ServletConfig). I could certainly make
my classes ask for the servlet instance as a method parameter, but this
just looks so ugly to my perfectionist eyes :-)

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis