I'm personally of the opinion that you should *never* have to clear your
tag attributes for any reason, because you're guaranteed by the spec
that a given tag instance will only be reused for invocations with the
same attribute set.  Each attribute will either be overwritten or
assumed to stay the same, so why do you need to ever clear them?

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863