Only this, in my opinion:

DO NOT install the Apache that RH lets you install when running their
installer.  Say "NO" and add Apache later manually.  Also, install the
development environment.  It's much easier to keep current with
Apache-to-Tomcat connectors that way.

When you have your RH installation complete, WITHOUT Apache, follow my HOWTO
and you should be good to go.  It is step-by-step for the whole process,
with the latest versions.

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

John