Hi

Since posting the original message (pls refer to the mail below), I have
scanned the whole mailing list archive, searched google - and used up
all suggestions that I could find - like defining CATALINA_OPTS,
modifying server.xml etc etc - nothing worked. The weird bit is, when I
call a remote web service from another small web service (on Axis 1.0)
and deployed on Tomcat 4.1.18, I do not even need to set up the proxies
etc in configuration files or environment variables - simply a couple
System.setProperty() statements in the web service code does the trick
and accesses the remote web service.

But the same piece of code doesn't work inside an OGSA service. I am
always getting an exception - mostly it is "connection timed out" - in
couple of cases I have seen "network unreachable". Following is the
exception I get:

48078 [Thread-55] INFO  org.apache.axis.enterprise  - Mapping Exception
to AxisFault AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out:
connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:295)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:161)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:148)
        at
org.apache.axis.components.net.DefaultSocketFactory.create(DefaultSocket
Factory.java:131)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:158)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:115)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.j
ava:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:182)
        at
uk.org.ogsadai.dqp.gqes.operators.OperationCallOp.testFunction(Unknown
Source)

Can anyone help please?

Regards
Arijit