Calls to HttpServletRequest.getSession() may return quickly for a while,
but then they will start to block for minutes at a time.  At that point,
all subsequent calls to that method will block until Tomcat is
restarted.

This only seems to happen when running Tomcat under Windows XP, although
I have not tried it under other Windows versions.  The JVM version is
1.4.1-b21, but I have been using version 1.4.1_01-b01 under Linux with
no problems.  I have had JPDA enabled every time the problem occurs,
with and without connected debugging processes.  The Tomcat version I am
using under Windows is 4.0.5.

ian.