From: Soefara Redzuan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 6:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Solved it. Re: mod_jk virtual hosts ? 90% of the way there.

Hi RK,

I thought my workers.properties file looked very different
from everybody else's using mod_jk2 !!!!!

I just checked again and realize I misread the page
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/confighowto.html

I actually put the following in jk2.properties instead of in
workers2.properties -

_jk2.properties____________________
# Define the communication channel [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket tomcatId=localhost:8009 # Map the Tomcat
examples webapp to the Web server uri space [uri:/examples/*] info=Map the
whole webapp
----------------------------------

and the really strange thing is that it all worked !!!!

My workers.properties looks very different from everybody else's but it also
works fine

_workers.properties___________________________
worker.list=worker1
# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600 worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=3

Is the mod_jk2.so backwards compatible ?
I'm also using the mod_jk-1.3-noeapi.so file from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.1
/bin/solaris8/
which was linked from the jk2 FAQ
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/faq.html
Or is the link in the FAQ incorrect ?

It's going to hurt if I've somehow managed to use mod_jk1 as opposed to
mod_jk2 :(

Soefara.

---