From: Mayne, Peter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:22 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JK + client authentication: getRemoteUser() returns null

a) My apologies. I certainly try to send plain text, but Outlook has a
mind of its own, however tiny it may be. I think I've now beaten it into
submission.

b) I'll give it a try. From what I've seen mentioned of jk2, "it's not
ready for production use, not as tested and reliable as jk, etc", so
I've haven't tried it. I also presumed that jk and jk2 being different
things, that a jk2.properties file wouldn't modify a jk configuration.

c) I've searched for tomcatAuthentication, but I didn't realise that
putting it in the properties file (as opposed to specifying it in
server.xml) would make a difference.(Not to mention that searching the
archive is currently returning 0 results.)

Thanks.

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne