Tam, Michael wrote:

Your CATALINA_HOME is path to your tomcat in the cd then if and only if
yours CD is a CDR and CD-rom is a cd-writer, otherwise how could tomcat be
able to write the logs file??

My bad... I haven't put it on the CD yet, it's living in a directory defined as %cd_tomcat_base%
I'd appreciate the help to set the logs dir to a temporary directory though as well. once I've got it configured correctly, I can just write the directory straight to the CD.

I currently have a directory structure like this:
%cd_tomcat_base%\startup.bat
%cd_tomcat_base%\jdk1.4.1        <-- %java_home%
%cd_tomcat_base%\tomcat4.1.12  <-- %catalina_home%, %catalina_base%

It would go on a closed session CD-R when it's done though, because the university have gone on an archiving binge recently. This way, it'd be a complete running app I can take to any machine and not have to d/l and configure tomcat before a demo.