Hello all.  I've got a simple JSP page which is throwing an
IllegalStateException when I try to redirect the output to another page.
Here is a snippet of the code:

         login = login.toUpperCase();
         Connection myConnection =
            DriverManager.getConnection(url, login, password);
         String sessionId = session.getId();
         Cookie cookie = new Cookie("sessionId", sessionId);
         response.addCookie(cookie);
         session.putValue("username", login);
         session.putValue("password", password);
         response.sendRedirect("rep_main.jsp");
         myConnection.close();

I've searched through all the archives and never was able to find a solution
to this for my case.  One thing I did read was about having to have a
"web.xml" file for my application (I currently don't have one nor know what
to put in one).  If you think this is the problem could you forward a
simple/basic web.xml?  Thanks in advance,
Kenny