I did that for a while but changed when teting them became difficult.

By putting them in the classpath, you can test without any
monkey-business (tech. term) to get the ServletContext, and the class
that gets the config is also not coupled to servlets, so I can use it
for a swing app, or command line utility.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/28/03 7:10 AM >>>
I don't like to put configuration information on the classpath however.
I prefer to access them via other mechanisms, such as the
ServletContext.  So I would create a directory called config under
WEB-INF, put the file (say a.props) there, and access it via
InputStream is =
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/config/a.props");