As per a previous reply: Increase the timeout on the domino session.

This is not ideal, but you are in a transition phase, and the situation will not last
forever.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 June 2003 12:34
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat & domino server

Consider the following scenario:

The user logs in our web application (which runs on both Tomcat and
Domino) using the Domino authentication services. Then a Domino
HttpSession is created. Then the user clicks a link which redirects the
user to the Tomcat application. Then the user clicks around in the
'tomcat-part' of the application for about an hour. (The Domino session
then is timed out). The he clicks a link which redirects him back to the
'domino-part' of the application.
The user is presented a login-screen.

This seems a bit odd, because he wasn't inactive for the past hour. (He
was actively using the 'tomcat-part' of the application. The user doesn't
know he is on a different server). So why should he log in again?

See my problem?

Many thanks,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands

"Jesper B.  Kiær" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/11/2003 12:22 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: tomcat & domino server

Hi

I was wonderring why is this a big problem?

When your session is timed out in Domino you are redirected to the login
page and thereafter to the page originaly requested.

You could rise the the default time out periode from 30 minuttes on the
Domino server. This would help the users, but of course lower the security

level.

regards
Jesper B. Kiær

Jezzper Consulting