Environment:
Windows XP, Tomcat 4.1.24, Sun JVM 1.4.1_02-b06

I managed to fix my problem running JSPs in an application directory I created. Now
I'm moving on to getting a servlet to run. I have copied and compiled two servlets
from different books. One I put in "D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes". The second one, which is part of a package called
"chapter2" I put in "D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\webapps\apress\WEB-INF\classes\chapter2". Both compiled without complaint. I
stopped and re-started Tomcat and pointed my browser at each in turn and got these
messages:

"The requested resource (/servlet/HelloWorld) is not available."

"The requested resource (/apress/servlet/chapter2.login) is not available."

The log file doesn't show anything suggesting a problem. Do all rank Tomcat beginners
have this much trouble? If so, how did it get to be so popular? Can anyone suggest an
approach? Thanks.

--
Charles Knell
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - email