Howdy,
I don't particularly feel like download Appfuse and contributing patches to it
at the momeny -- no spare bandwidth ;(  However, a few comments on your wiki
page:

- If you have something that's working and are happy with, there's no need to
change to these ant tasks.

- Reload is not pointless, you don't have to do a deploy anyways if you want to
just reload an existing webapp (useful if you've changed, for example,
configuration files).

- The build.xml in the tomcat App Developer's guide contains task definitions
for these tasks, so you didn't have to write your own ;)

- I don't know why you're getting the JDBC driver null message, but I think
I've seen that before: searching the tomcat-user archives might help.

- I don't know why you're getting the IOException, and I don't think I've seen
it before, so I'd be curious if it's particular to your app, e.g. if something
in your app calls getRealPath() on startup or shutdown.

The Ant tasks are just another way to do things: some people find it
convenient.  I use them some times, when I feel like it.  I think Craig
McClanahan once mentioned he uses them exclusively now, hardly ever actually
restarting his tomcat instance.

Yoav Shapira

--- "Raible, Matt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm having trouble using Tomcat's Ant Tasks.  I've written up a wiki page on
> how I'm using them and the problems I'm experiencing.  Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=TomcatAntTasks
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt