Matt, do you think the validation query wille re initialize my
pool ?

"Raible, Matt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/07/2003 14:49
Veuillez répondre à "Tomcat Users List"

        Pour :  "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc :
        Objet : RE: dbcp connection and database restart

Try adding a validation query, for example:

        <parameter>
            <name>validationQuery</name>
            <value>SELECT * FROM USER_TABLE</value>
        </parameter>

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 6:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: dbcp connection and database restart

I've configured my jdbc datasource connection pool(using dbcp)  in
Tomcat
4.1.18
server.xml file.

here is an extract of it.

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/intranetMail">

<value>jdbc:sybase:Tds:s198000SGD1:5000/intranet_mail</value></parameter

 </ResourceParams>

Everything works fine. But
when our database server is restarted, I have to restart Tomcat too
in order to aquire connections from my defined pool.

I wonder if there is a manner to avoid restarting Tomcat when
the database server is restarted.

I have added the parameters below to my pool config.

            <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandoned</name>
              <value>true</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
              <value>60</value>
            </parameter>

 I recognize ,I've added that quite blindly.
 Can someone confirm me if this is a cure to my problem ?

 any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

 Meissa

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or
dissemination is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please
delete it and
notify the sender.