Hello,
 Tomcat 4.1.24, J2SDK 1.4.0, Apache 1.3.27, mod_jk 1.2.0.
 I am trying to determine the cause of the following errors:

Ajp13Connector[8009]: No processor available, rejecting this connection

This seems to come up after a few days, causes the page to come back as an "Internal Server Error", and is not the only error in the log file. The other error, which appears to be coming up in response to resp.sendRedirect(), is something I've seen on this list a few times, with no solution yet:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Current state = FLUSHED, new state = CODING_END
at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.throwIllegalStateException(CharsetEncoder.java:933)
at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(CharsetEncoder.java:529)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.flushLeftoverChar(StreamEncoder.java:356)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implClose(StreamEncoder.java:413)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.close(StreamEncoder.java:158)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java:222)
at java.io.PrintWriter.close(PrintWriter.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseBase.finishResponse(ResponseBase.java:482)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.finishResponse(HttpResponseBase.java:236)
at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.java:190)
at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:435)
at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:495)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I am currently investigating browser configurations to see if I can determine precisely when this happens, but I thought in the meantime I'd see if anyone can convincingly connect the two errors? Is the IllegalStateException something to be concerned about? Does it eventually lead to the "No processor" problem. Is there a workaround? Why does resp.sendRedirect() seem to be the cause?
Lots of questions; feel free to answer selectively :-)
Thanks for the help,

Ben