From: Sarika Inamdar
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23-07-03 11:53
Subject: Help needed in configuring tomcat 4.1.24

Hi All,

We need to start tomcat with a user-defined port. To enable the same ,
in server.xml, we give the following

    <!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
    <!-- WEB_PORT -->port="8080"
               minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"

In our start script, we grep for "WEB_PORT" and replace the default port
value with a user-defined port.

With this modification, tomcat starts properly. But when I give
shutdown.sh command to stop tomcat , I get the following parse exception
:
bash-2.03# ./shutdown.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:
/export/spare/users/sinamdar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24
Using CATALINA_HOME:
/export/spare/users/sinamdar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR:
/export/spare/users/sinamdar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /export/spare/CSCOPerfE/tools/jdk
Jul 23, 2003 3:12:03 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester fatalError
SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 93 column 5: Element type "Connector"
must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "Connector" must be followed
by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unkno
wn Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(U
nknown Source)

Is there anyway we can avoid this exception ? Any help in this regard
would be useful.

Thanks in Advance,
Sarika