Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

When we upgraded to Torque version 3.2-rc1, Torque incorrectly generating MySQL statements for MEDIUMTEXT as

   COLUMN_VALUE MEDIUMTEXTNOT NULL,

Right. This is a bug.

I would have logged it but I couldn't find a Torque project under Apache JIRA
Has Torque migrated to JIRA yet?

src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java 27 Jun 2005 21:34:10 -0000 1.29 +++ src/generator/src/java/org/apache/torque/engine/database/model/Column.java 5 Aug 2005 06:42:27 -0000

Please move to the subversion repository in the future.

Didn't realize that you migrated to subversion.
I now see that the site links point to subversion and not cvs.
That must have been recent...

While your patch fixes a symptom, it does not cure the deeper,
underlying problems of getSqlString() which is sort of a "let's juggle
with spaces somehow" method.

I just checked in a fix that should repair all problems with that
method for good.

If you do work with MySQL; it would be nice to have a domain test
class for MySQL like we have for other databases. This would help us
spot such errors faster.

Sure, I'll look into it.

Do you plan on releasing anytime soon?
We'd like to incorporate the bug fix in our projects, and base our projects on an official torque release or at least an RC

Thanks,

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software