Were you able to connect to any other database than "recoverable" database?
what driver did you use ? were you able to connect to recoverable database
itself using JDBC test with the same username and password? Lastly, try using
different different dsfactory to see if it works for you. Here is my sample
setup with my youcaddy database.

## Using commons-dbcp
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
#torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.PerUserPoolDataSourceFactor
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.connection.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost/youcaddy
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.connection.user = bla
torque.dsfactory.youcaddy.connection.password = bla

Good luck !

"Owen B. Mehegan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi, I've seen this question asked
many times in the mailing list
archives, but so far I can't figure out a solution to the problem in my
case. I have a unit test that is using Easymock to create mock database
objects to test against. When I run the test, it always fails with this
error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: There was no DataSourceFactory
configured for the connection recoverable

But my Torque.properties _does_ include a datasource called 'recoverable:'

torque.dsfactory.recoverable.factory=com.friend.db.RecoverableDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.pool.maxActive=1
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.pool.maxIdle=1
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.pool.maxWait=1000
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.pool.testOnBorrow=false
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.connection.driver=com.mockrunner.mock.jdbc.MockDriver
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.connection.url = java://foo
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.connection.user = user
torque.dsfactory.recoverable.connection.password = foo

This entry is similar to others in the torque.properties, so I don't
think the syntax is incorrect. What else could I be doing wrong?

--
Owen B. Mehegan
Database Framework QA Guy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]