The Criteria clone method comes from its Hashtable superclass.  The problem
is probably because Hashtable is doing a shallow copy and the underlying
objects are the same. FWIW, there is a JIRA wish list item for this to be
redone as a deep copy.  But this probably will be a 4.0 item.

In general, it's best to create or .clear() Criteria objects for each
action.  This is usually not a big coding / overhead issue.

However, if you have complex queries that are done frequently, you can
look at using the Criteria.Criterion subclass to create a reusable
query definition.  See the Using Criterion... section in the docs at:

http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/runtime/reference/read-from-db.html

FYI - I have to put a plug in for the SummaryHelper class that is in the 3.x
CVS Head but not in a release yet.  It can be used instead of the CountHelper
class and has a lot more functionality. Here's the Javadoc in the 4.0 test
site (same as in the 3.3. tree).

http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-4.0/documentation/modules/runtime/apidocs/org/apache/torque/util/SummaryHelper.html

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.et