thanks, I found introduction how to generate from jdbc later on
http://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/documentation/orm-reference/running-the-generator.html

Running generator I get
[ERROR]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.torque.generator.source.jdbc.JdbcMetadataSource.createRootElement(JdbcMetadataSource.java:215)
        at
org.apache.torque.generator.source.SourceImpl.getRootElement(SourceImpl.java:48)
        at
org.apache.torque.generator.control.Controller.processSourceInOutput(Controller.java:256)

 Changed log level to "debug" made clear that some tables have been
processed, and that error occures for specific table.

Since I do not need all table available in the specified db scheme, I
have a question how to specify a set of tables for which generation
should be done?
Or the generation is done always for whole scheme, that is for all
tables defined in this scheme?