Let me preface my reply with, "I hate MS Outlook!" I found one partial
answer to my own questions.

A few questions about the documentation:

1)      Nautilus scripts no longer work in Ubuntu 12.04 - even the PPA
for TortoiseHg-Nautilus generates errors. Are there plans to fix this? I
ask because I'm going to be documenting the context menu popups and I
want to know if I should mention that these only work in Explorer on
Windows (and not in Nautilus on Linux).

2)      The only context help link available is on the Workbench which
correctly points to 5.4. Can someone add a context menu link to section
4.0 for the Explorer Context (popup) Menu? I believe it would be enough
to add one context menu help link, rather than a separate link on each
context menu popup dialog, but if someone wanted to go crazy, I could
ensure that a link existed for each of those, too.

It would appear that section 5.2 would be the correct choice for a
context menu help link.

3)      I keep reading hints that Sphinx and Docutils can "extract
documentation out of my python code." Is this extraction the origin of
the source text files? In short, should I be looking inside of the
python code modules to update the doc comments inside of the code,
instead of updating the text files (which will be summarily overwritten
the next time someone extracts the comments from the python code)?

4)      I saw a TODO list in the docs folder, and although I don't
really understand the tasks, should I be focusing my energies on
addressing those as priority issues before moving on to the expansion of
MQ, context menu, and workbench documentation?

5)      Lastly, does anyone here have a recommendation for where I can
get the following question answered:

`Table of Contents`_ takes me to the ToC anchor in the current page.
:doc:`faq` takes me to the FAQ document in the set. But how do I combine
these two so I can go to a bookmark within another document in the set?
I want to generate the equivalent HTML 5 of a fragid within a relative
URL location. In other words, if I were in faq.html, and I wanted to
create a clickable anchor that took me to <h2 id='ToC'>Table of
Contents</h2> in the index.html page, I would use,

How do I do the equivalent in restructured text? (I need to know how to
mark the fragid as well as how to reference the bookmark with #ToC.)

I'll continue to look
http://packages.python.org/an_example_pypi_project/sphinx.html#table-of-
contents, http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html,
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html, and
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/cheatsheet.txt, but it
would help a lot if I knew what to search for within these documents (or
in Google). I'm just too stupid to know what these bookmarks are called
in restructured text parlance.

And although I haven't figured out how these work in reST, I have
figured out that they're called targets. I just can't find any examples
of a target with an external link.