From: Democrats.com [mailto:activ...@democrats.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:03 PM
Subject: Close Gitmo Now Petition

It has been one year since President Barack Obama signed an Executive Order
calling for the closure of the prison at Guantanamo Bay.

Today, 20 veterans are on Capitol Hill, representing over 2000 veterans who
have signed the letter telling Congress to follow through and support
President Obama's call to close the detention center at Guantanamo as a
matter of national security.

Let's join these veterans and tell Congress:
http://www.democrats.com/close-guantanamo-petition
<http://mail.democrats.com/CT00041201MjEwMDQ1OAAA.HTML?D=2010-01-21>

Bob Fertik

  Image removed by sender.

Dear Activist,

For too long the prison at Guantanamo Bay has remained a blight on the
American conscience. Guantanamo is a recruiting tool for terrorists that
undermines our troops and undermines our security. As veterans of the war in
Iraq and Afghanistan, we urge you to take immediate action to permanently
close the prison at Guantanamo Bay.

General Colin Powell has said that if it were up to him, he would close
Guantanamo Bay not tomorrow, but this afternoon. General David Petraeus made
clear in testimony before Congress that he believes that Guantanamo Bay
should be closed. Many other military leaders, both active and retired, have
expressed this view. They know what is at stake for our men and women in
uniform.

We stand with them.
http://www.democrats.com/close-guantanamo-petition
<http://mail.democrats.com/CT00041201MjEwMDQ1OAAA.HTML?D=2010-01-21>

Every day that the facility at Guantanamo Bay remains open and detainees are
held there without trial is another day that terror networks have an
effective recruiting poster - that the United States applies the laws to
some, but is hypocritical when it comes to others. Guantanamo has been used
in videos by senior al Qaeda leadership at least 32 times since 2001 and
four times this year alone. Guantanamo is harmful to our national security
and to the men and women in uniform who we have put into harm's way.

There are many viable options to house and try detainees here on U.S. soil,
including the possible purchase of the state prison in Thomson, Ill. We
support these options as we know that our justice system is capable of
handling those who are accused of harming us. More than 300 terrorists -
foreign and domestic - are currently being held on U.S. soil. 195 terrorism
suspects have been tried and convicted in a U.S. court of law. We believe in
the justice system that we have fought to protect. Those who would use
fear-mongering and demagoguery to tarnish our system of justice run counter
to everything we fought for - the defense of our laws, our Constitution, and
our way of life. Theirs is a position of weakness.

Ours is a position of strength.
http://www.democrats.com/close-guantanamo-petition
<http://mail.democrats.com/CT00041201MjEwMDQ1OAAA.HTML?D=2010-01-21>

Closing the prison at Guantanamo Bay is in the national security interest of
America and of the troops we send into harm's way. We urge you to do so
without delay.

http://www.democrats.com/close-guantanamo-petition
<http://mail.democrats.com/CT00041201MjEwMDQ1OAAA.HTML?D=2010-01-21>

Sincerely,

Tom Andrews
Executive Director

*** exposing the hidden truth for further educational research only ***
CAVEAT LECTOR *** In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this
material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior
interest in receiving the included information for research and educational
purposes. NOTE: Some links may require cut and paste into your Internet
Browser. Please check for daily real news posts and support the truth!
(sorry but don't have time to email all posts) at
<http://tinyurl.com/33c9yr> http://tinyurl.com/33c9yr    or
<http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/topics?gvc=2>
http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/topics?gvc=2  ; You can
also subscribe to the multiple daily emails by sending  an email to
<mailto:total_truth_sciences-subscr...@googlegroups.com>
total_truth_sciences-subscr...@googlegroups.com ; free book download:
<http://www.lulu.com/content/165077> http://www.lulu.com/content/165077  ***
Revealing the hidden Truth For Educational & Further Research Purposes only.
***  NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security
Agency (NSA) may have read emails without warning, warrant, or notice. They
may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse, nor protection.......... IF anyone other than the addressee of
this e-mail is reading it, you are in violation of the 1st & 4th Amendments
to the Constitution of the United States. Patriot Act 5 & H.R. 1955
Disclaimer Notice: This post & all my past & future posts represent parody &
satire & are all intended for entertainment and amusement only. To be
removed from the weekly list, please reply with the subject line "REMOVE"