Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:36 PM
Subject: Freedom Flotilla to Gaza to add boats from Europe and Indonesia

Freedom Flotilla to ad boats from Europe and Indonesia

Source:
<http://www.freegaza.org/en/home/56-news/1138-freedom-flotilla-to-add-boats-
from-europe-and-indonesia>
http://www.freegaza.org/en/home/56-news/1138-freedom-flotilla-to-add-boats-f
rom-europe-and-indonesia

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZxKAf8oOwtI/S4fY_2rnOHI/AAAAAAAAhR0/hIg1Y7WdmhA/s
1600-h/hopefleet.jpg> Image removed by sender.

The Free Gaza Movement

"Special announcement to our supporters

Responding to a call from Free Gaza organizers, two more groups have stepped
forward to add their boats to the flotilla. When we sent out a call to
organizations to join us, we were hoping that one or two would be able to
find the funds and come with us to Gaza. We are now delighted to report that
boats from organizations in Turkey, Belgium, Greece, Malaysia and Indonesia
[notice the absence of any Arab countries!]are coming with us in April.

One humanitarian group in Indonesia will sail with Free Gaza and bring in
medical supplies for a hospital. As soon as they finish purchasing the boat,
they will make a formal announcement of their plans. In addition, another
group from Europe is in the process of buying a boat, answering our call to
join the flotilla. They intend to bring MPs from around Europe to witness
the devastation in Gaza. To date, we have two cargo ships and now are
planning on 10 passenger boats, and we are hoping there will still be time
for other organizations to find boats and sail with us.

Stay tuned as plans become finalized, then watch this space for more
announcements as other organizations step up and come on board the Freedom
Flotilla."

 posted by Tony

  _____

Thursday February 25, 2010

Gaza not a charity case

KUALA LUMPUR: Palestinians in Gaza want the world to come together to end
the Israeli siege instead of just looking at them as a charity case.
Free Gaza Movement leader Huwaida Arraf said that while Palestinians
appreciated the aid, their main concern was for the siege to end and their
suffering to cease.

http://thestar.com.my/archives/2010/2/25/nation/n_pg27huwaida.jpgHuwaida:
'If we just keep giving aid, the suffering will go on forever. We must
address the root cause'

"A lot of people think that Gaza is a charity case. If we just keep giving
aid, it (the suffering) will go on forever. We must address the root cause.

"Israel has placed a complete blockade of Gaza Strip and no one is doing
anything to stop it. We need political solidarity and hope more people will
challenge Israel's policy," she said recently during a brief visit here to
talk about their next Gaza boat mission in April.

The Palestinian-American activist has met former prime minister and Perdana
Global Peace Organisation chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who spearheaded
the Humanitarian Appeal Fund for Gaza war victims. The fund, of which Datin
Seri Rosmah Mansor is the patron, has pledged to donate RM1.5mil.

Huwaida, who briefed Dr Mahathir of their latest plan, said Malaysian funds
had enabled Free Gaza to purchase a cargo ship and at least one small
passenger ship.

Funds, she said, were still needed to buy supplies.

Free Gaza, an international voluntary human rights movement, together with
the Turkish Relief Foundation and organisations from countries such as
Malaysia, France, Germany and Greece, would be heading to Gaza in a fleet of
boats this April on a humanitarian trip.

She said their last three boat missions were "violently stopped" by Israel
with their boat confiscated last June. The cargo ships would transport
building supplies into Gaza besides education materials and generators to
help Palestinians rebuild their lives, she added.

"Israel has not allowed reconstruction supplies to enter Gaza. We hope the
supplies can be used to rebuild destroyed homes. Many families are still
living in tents amid the rubble of their homes," she added.

She said generators were also needed as besides the area experiencing
frequent power cuts, Israel also limited fuel into Gaza,

She also thanked Malaysians for their donations, adding that Malaysia would
play an important part in the mission.

Huwaida urged Barisan Nasional and opposition MPs, whom she met last August,
to join their mission in April, which would comprise an international
parliamentary delegation, civil leaders and the media.

*** exposing the hidden truth for further educational research only ***
CAVEAT LECTOR *** In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this
material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior
interest in receiving the included information for research and educational
purposes. NOTE: Some links may require cut and paste into your Internet
Browser. Please check for daily real news posts and support the truth!
(sorry but don't have time to email all posts) at
<http://tinyurl.com/33c9yr> http://tinyurl.com/33c9yr    or
<http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/topics?gvc=2>
http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/topics?gvc=2  ; You can
also subscribe to the multiple daily emails by sending  an email to
<mailto:total_truth_sciences-subscr...@googlegroups.com>
total_truth_sciences-subscr...@googlegroups.com ; free book download:
<http://www.lulu.com/content/165077> http://www.lulu.com/content/165077  ***
Revealing the hidden Truth For Educational & Further Research Purposes only.
***  NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security
Agency (NSA) may have read emails without warning, warrant, or notice. They
may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse, nor protection.......... IF anyone other than the addressee of
this e-mail is reading it, you are in violation of the 1st & 4th Amendments
to the Constitution of the United States. Patriot Act 5 & H.R. 1955
Disclaimer Notice: This post & all my past & future posts represent parody &
satire & are all intended for intellectual entertainment only. To be removed
from the weekly list, please reply with the subject line "REMOVE"