From: economicwar-boun...@constitutionalgov.us
[mailto:economicwar-boun...@constitutionalgov.us] On Behalf Of Jack Bauer
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:39 AM
Subject: EconomicWar> Still think I'm NUTS??? Bernanke delivers blunt warning
on U.S. debt! It's no longer coming, , , IT'S HERE!!!!

Bernanke delivers blunt warning on U.S. debt

Stage is set in U.S. for a Greek tragedy

Patrice <http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/patrice-hill/>  Hill

With uncharacteristic bluntness, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
warned Congress on Wednesday that the United States could soon face a debt
crisis like the one in Greece, and declared that the central bank will not help
legislators by printing money to pay for the ballooning federal debt.

Recent events in Europe, where Greece and other nations with large,
unsustainable deficits like the United States are having increasing trouble
selling their debt to investors, show that the U.S. is vulnerable to a sudden
reversal of fortunes that would force taxpayers to pay higher interest rates on
the debt, Mr. Bernanke said.

"It's not something that is 10 years away. It affects the markets currently,"
he told the House Financial Services Committee. "It is possible that bond
markets will become worried about the sustainability [of yearly deficits over
$1 trillion], and we may find ourselves facing higher interest rates even
today."

It was some of the toughest rhetoric to date about the nation's fiscal and
budgetary woes from the Fed chief, who faces a second round of questioning
Thursday before a Senate panel.

Mr. Bernanke for the first time addressed concerns that the impasse in Congress
over tough spending cuts and tax increases needed to bring down deficits will
eventually force the Fed to accommodate deficits by printing money and buying
Treasury bonds — effectively financing the deficit on behalf of Congress and
spurring inflation in the process.

Some economists at the International Monetary Fund and elsewhere have advocated
this approach, suggesting running moderate inflation rates of 4 percent to 6
percent as a partial solution to the U.S. debt problem. But the move runs the
risk of damaging the dollar's reputation and spawning much higher inflation
that would be debilitating to the U.S. economy and living standards.

Rep. Brad Sherman, California Democrat, asked Mr. Bernanke directly whether the
Fed would consider such a strategy, especially since IMF officials endorsed it.

"We're not going to monetize the debt," Mr. Bernanke declared flatly, stressing
that Congress needs to start making plans to bring down the deficit to avoid
such a dangerous dilemma for the Fed.

"It is very, very important for Congress and administration to come to some
kind of program, some kind of plan that will credibly show how the United
States government is going to bring itself back to a sustainable position."

Separately, Mr. Bernanke's predecessor, Alan Greenspan, told Bloomberg News
that "fiscal affairs are threatening the outlook" for recovery from recession
as Congress and the White House have been unable for years to make tough
decisions to raise taxes or cut spending.

He said he is so concerned about a sudden sharp increase in interest rates that
every day he checks the interest rate on 10-year Treasury notes and 30-year
Treasury bonds, calling them the "critical Achilles' heel" of the economy.

Despite his gloomy testimony, Mr. Bernanke dismissed concerns that the United
States will lose its gold-plated AAA credit rating any time soon. Moody's
Investors Service recently said that the U.S. rating would come "under
pressure" at some point if Congress does not rein in the budget deficit.

The Fed chairman said repeatedly that he understands how difficult it will be
for Congress to tame deficits by curbing spending in popular programs like
Social Security, Medicare and defense, while also considering tax hikes. But he
said there would be an immediate payoff: lower interest rates.

"It would be very helpful, even to the current recovery, to markets'
confidence, if there were a sustainable, credible plan for a fiscal exit," he
said.

A plan that eases market worries by laying out how Congress will address the
long-term insolvency of Social Security, Medicare and other entitlement
programs also would give Congress more room to take the actions needed today to
address the jobs crisis, Mr. Bernanke added.

"There could be a bonus there," he said. "To the extent that we can achieve
credible plans to reduce medium- to long-term deficits, we'll actually have
more flexibility in the short term if we want to take other kinds of actions."

Separately, the debate continued over whether Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the
two mortgage financing giants, should be included in the federal budget books
now that the Obama administration has taken the limits off aid the Treasury
Department is prepared to give the companies to keep them solvent.

Republicans, including Rep. Spencer Bachus of Alabama, the top Republican on
the banking committee, have argued that the government is now effectively
guaranteeing Fannie and Freddie's nearly $5 trillion of mortgage-backed
securities and other debt, so their revenues and liabilities should be included
in the federal budget as obligations of the government. Taking this step would
greatly bloat the federal balance sheet.

Mr. Bachus said he worries that keeping Fannie and Freddie's status off the
federal books is "the same sort of financial shell game that has brought
governments like Greece to a crisis point."

But Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner, who also testified on Capitol Hill
on Wednesday, said the administration opposes including the quasi-government
entities in the budget, although it lifted the limits on aid to Fannie and
Freddie with the intent of assuring financial markets that the U.S. government
stands behind their obligations.

"We do not think it is necessary to consolidate the full obligations of Fannie
and Freddie onto the nation's budget. But we do think it's very important …
that we make it clear to investors around the world that we will make sure that
we will take the actions necessary" to keep the two entities stable, he told
the House Budget Committee.

Remember this statement: When injustice Becomes law, rebellion Becomes duty!

Support my show, and Beat The Court by going to:
 <http://www.beatthecourt.com/> http://www.BeatTheCourt.Com and check out their
special offer.
Hurry, though, The govmnt is shutting down sites like this every day!!!

"When the government fears the people, you have liberty.
When the people fear the government you have Tyranny."
~Thomas Jefferson,

Do yourself and your family a favor...
Don't Fall into the Sheeple Pit...

Image removed by sender.
TURN OFF YOUR TELEVISION!
Ignore the TV Media
Investigate 911

Disclaimer: I'm not a Lawyer, this is not legal advice. Nor am I a Brain
Surgeon, Pastry Chef or Indian Chief.
This communication is private and privileged intended only to those individuals
marked "To", "CC" or "BCC".
To the snoopy government agencies, or anyone else this mail isn't being
specifically directed to; with all due
Respect; cordially invited and instructed to take a hike :)

                                          Sincerely, Mike Golden aka RadioRebel

*** exposing the hidden truth for further educational research only *** CAVEAT
LECTOR *** In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. NOTE:
Some links may require cut and paste into your Internet Browser. Please check
for daily real news posts and support the truth! (sorry but don't have time to
email all posts) at  <http://tinyurl.com/33c9yr> http://tinyurl.com/33c9yr
or   <http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/topics?gvc=2>
http://groups.google.com/group/total_truth_sciences/topics?gvc=2  ; You can
also subscribe to the multiple daily emails by sending  an email to
<mailto:total_truth_sciences-subscr...@googlegroups.com>
total_truth_sciences-subscr...@googlegroups.com ; free book download:
<http://www.lulu.com/content/165077> http://www.lulu.com/content/165077  ***
Revealing the hidden Truth For Educational & Further Research Purposes only.
***  NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
(NSA) may have read emails without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do
this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse, nor
protection.......... IF anyone other than the addressee of this e-mail is
reading it, you are in violation of the 1st & 4th Amendments to the
Constitution of the United States. Patriot Act 5 & H.R. 1955 Disclaimer Notice:
This post & all my past & future posts represent parody & satire & are all
intended for intellectual entertainment only. To be removed from the weekly
list, please reply with the subject line "REMOVE"