https://invisible-island.net/ncurses/man/terminfo.5.html#h3-Parameterized-Strings
https://invisible-island.net/personal/bug-reports.html#low_support

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ncurses in Ubuntu.

  tparm dynamic variables broken

Status in ncurses package in Ubuntu:

  I use the Python curses library for convenience, but this seems to be
  an ncurses bug as Python simply wraps the ncurses library.

  As you can see from example below, the dynamic variable x gets stored as 4,
but, when it's
  recalled, 0 is returned instead of 4. This was on 22.04 and 20.04 with
libncurses6 6.3-2.

  I've confirm the behavior is correct on Fedora 36 with ncurses-
  libs-6.2-9.20210508. I apologize I haven't been able to narrow it down
  farther, but figured it would be good to get a bug logged in case
  someone has more insight.

  ```
  Python 3.10.6 (main, Nov  2 2022, 18:53:38) [GCC 11.3.0] on linux
  >>> import curses
  >>> curses.setupterm()
  >>> curses.tparm(b'%p1%Px', 4)
  b''